Monday, February 4, 2013

Bullet point post

Things are busy, but good. Here are some little tidbits of info:


  • The lactation consultant appointment was so helpful! I found out that I have a crazy milk supply and that, even though she was only eating off of one side while I pumped to heal the other, she gained 9oz in 5 days! We have ourselves a little piglet! One majorly helpful change we made after the appointment was that I have to lean back while she is eating, otherwise she pretty much drowns in my milk. Poor girl was being overwhelmed! 
  • Because she is such a good eater, she no longer fits in her newborn clothes. Yay for growing/thriving! Sad face for cute clothes she never even got to wear.
  • Breastfeeding gets easier every day! She can latch herself on successfully most of the time now! A huge improvement over the 3 person ordeal it used to be! (3 people = me, Felicia, The Bee who had to help keep her hands out of the way!)
  • I am way excited about 2 packages that I have being shipped right now! I have been extremely reasonable and haven't purchased much baby-wise but did splurge on these wooden blocks:
           and these washable, organic nursing pads (crazy milk supply = crazy leakage):
  • Felicia does not like to sleep. At all. Nights are rough and she even fights it during the day now. I have learned her tired cues, though, and know that cuddles and rocking in her room usually do the trick during the day. At night...well, we're still trying to figure that out!
  • Felicia has baby acne like whoa. We were told she would probably get it around 2-3 weeks of age because she had a little rash the day after being born in reaction to the environment outside of the womb. Apparently most babies that get that rash (which is thankfully harmless) get acne after a couple of weeks.
  • If all goes well, she will be baptized on Sunday! It has been a whirlwind to get planned because Catholic churches no longer like to do baptisms during Lent (which begins next week on February 13) but we couldn't register her until we got her birth certificate, which just became available last week (and I went and got 2 copies of last Friday! It was our first outing without The Bee!). It was important to me to do sooner than later (we'd have to wait until April if we couldn't this coming Sunday) because I want her to wear the family baptismal gown that my great-great-grandmother (Mabel Felicia, who Felicia is named for) made and every girl in the family has worn for almost the last 100 years! Because it is 98 years old and babies were: 1. smaller 100 years ago and 2. baptized within a few days/weeks of being born there is little to no chance that Felicia would fit in it when she is 3 months old. 
That's about it for now! 

6 comments:

  1. I'm SOO GLAD your lactation consultant worked for you! It truly is amazing how your BFing relationship with your child grows and becomes so natural.

    LOVE those nursing pads and am going to look at getting them. I too have an abundant supply and LEAK all night and when he's feeding on the opposite side.

    I hate that your girl isn't getting her days and nights straight. Have you tried keeping your house light and bright and loud during the day and dark and quiet in the evenings/night? I did that for Matthew and I feel like he had his days/nights straight at about 2 weeks. I don't hesitate to do laundry, watch tv, or talk in normal voices during the day, too. Hope she gives her mama a sleeping break soon! I know I missed going to bed with my hubs at night before Matt was on a schedule.

    So excited for your growing little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are going well with the feeding/weight gaining! I hope the sleeping things evens out for you soon too - that has got to be hard on you. The pads are cute - maybe if I get my supply going I will have an excuse to buy some :) I love the blocks too - I'm a big fan of the "traditional" looking toys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 98 years old?! That's impressive! Glad it worked out for you to get her baptized sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad things are going well! Hopefully all that eating will wear her out and get her sleeping regularly soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, we definitely need to see some pictures of Felicia in the baptism gown! So cool! Glad things are going more smoothly...hope sleeping joins that list soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy that breastfeeding is going so much better for you. We also have a little piglet on our hands. We went shopping today to get 2 more dresses for church. Yea leakage, such a fun fun thing! So since I am a newbie catholic I didn't realize that there was a class you had to take before you can have your child baptized and we should have taken it in December but now we have to wait till March which means Reagan won't get baptized till April. I'm hoping she will still fit in my baptismal gown if not though I'm thinking of having my wedding dress made into one.

    ReplyDelete