- I have learned to drive a manual transmission car. Out of necessity. I had been avoiding that like the plague for 6 years.
- I have become a preschool-8th grade teacher. I have never worked with preschool aged children, save babysitting in junior high/high school and hanging out with my own nieces and nephews. Now I teach art to them twice a week.
- I have taught myself how to use GIMP (the poor man's Photoshop)
- I am being trained as a reading tutor.
- I am realizing that I can't do it all. Lunches haven't been packed for my husband or myself for over a week. I haven't grocery shopped for almost 2 weeks. Laundry is done on a "as needed" basis.
I am dead tired most evenings and so confused about the future that my school holds for me. There will be cuts next year, we've already been told. Do I plan on trying to stay? Do I quit no matter what they offer me and look for part-time work in a public school? Do I stay home for a few years?
I figure all of the new things I am learning are protecting my brain from Alzheimer's (which affects people on my dad's side of the family).
Thanksgiving break cannot come soon enough, though!