Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ponyo is...

a little miss!

The appointment went well this morning! Thank you all for the kind messages and prayers; they mean so much to us! Ponyo was very active during the ultrasound. Lots of kicks and somersaults! She had her hands up by her face most of the time so we got a few glimpses of her profile but we did not get any good images of her face. We got to see her rub her eyes and open and close her mouth. Her heart rate was measured at 162 beats per minute (which was probably caused by her activity level). She measured at the 46th percentile, so right on track. At 22 weeks, 4 days she weighs about 1lb 4oz already! Her heart, brain, kidneys, stomach, and other organs all look 'perfect' according to the ultrasound tech and our doctor. When she was not moving around, her feet were up by her head which gave of a good view that she is, indeed, a little girl:)  We are so thankful and relieved that she is healthy and growing! 

And, yes, obviously my husband convinced me to find out the gender! I am glad that we did...it is so fun to be able to say "she" and "her" when we talk about our little one.

Other notes from the appointment:
  • I am on track to gain 34-35lbs by the end of this pregnancy (I am up 16lbs already), but Dr. D said that is what I should gain given my pre-pregnancy weight.
  • I got a prescription for some medical grade maternity support pantyhose. So, if you ever need them, ask your doctor and hopefully insurance will offset or cover the cost! Now I will have 4 pairs, which will be great!
  • I got my flu shot. I was uncertain about whether or not I wanted to, but given the "cesspool of germs" (those are Dr. D's words!) that I work in and the fact that the vaccine I received did not contain the preservative that is considered possibly controversial for pregnant women, I thought the benefits outweighed any risks.
  • We will have a follow-up ultrasound in 4 weeks because they couldn't get a good image of the umbilical cord entering Ponyo's abdomen even though from what they could see everything looked fine.
Again, thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers! I pray for all of my blogger friends everyday and am so glad to be part of this supportive community of women!

10 comments:

  1. So exciting!!! I am thrilled that everything looked so good-- and that you can get some more of that sexy lingerie!! Wooo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY that is great news! I'm sure she will be beautiful just like her mama! Are y'all going to share the name once you pick (if you haven't already) or keep it a surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEKKKK yay a girl!! More importantly though I am glad everything went good and she is nice and healthy. Yay for more sexy hoses lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so so excited for you!!! Can't belieeve how far along you already are! Glad you got your flu shot early...you have to take care of yourself and that little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Little Miss!! Congrats! Yes, do tell if you're keeping the name a secret...I'm always curious about that! So happy to hear everything went well. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!! Glad to meet you here and to know that we share the same boat :)
    Congrats on the baby girl!!
    You have mentioned about high DHEAS in your history...are you taking any medications for that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Sorry I have been so out of touch recently, just got back to blogging. I took metformin and dexamethasone for high DHEAS which helped me get pregnant. I stopped the medications at 12 weeks. I have regular appts with my endocrinologist to check my levels. DHEAS is absolutely normal now (thanks to pregnancy!!) but my total testosterone is on the higher range. We cant do much about it at this time so I will just have to keep checking it to make sure it doesnt reach a much higher figure. I might have to restart the medications during lactation because I have read some pcos women have trouble with lactation. Hope you are feeling well.25 weeks now?

    ReplyDelete