Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gratitude : Day 1

In celebration of Thanksgiving, I am going to try to post one thing that I am thankful for each day (or at least seven per week if not one a day...I am still not so hot at this blogging business). I figure the positive thoughts can't hurt anything and maybe taking the time to write about all the good things in life will help me see that I could have things a lot worse! 

Before I get to the good stuff: I am 15 dpo today and still no af. However, my bbt has dropped the last three days and this morning was even below the coverline. What gives? I just wish af would show up already as I don't want to waste a pregnancy test when my bbt chart is telling me that I am clearly not pregnant (again)! This is only my second full cycle of bbt charting and now I am really confused. Maybe I didn't even ovulate? That sounds like my luck! I also have my first cold of the season (which I am trying to kick in the pants by turning in early every night this week...I went to bed at 9:15 last night and it was fantastic!). Enough complaining (for now anyways, ha!). On to being thankful!

Today is my Grandma's 73rd birthday! I am actually thankful for 2 things today: my Grandma and PUPPIES! My Grandma is a retired nurse (she only retired 3 years ago!) and is one smart cookie! She can talk your ear off about health, politics, religion...the list goes on and on. She has been a great help to my Mom through my parents' recent divorce. Growing up, my sisters and I used to sleep over at her house for a week out of the summer and we always had so much fun! We watched movies all night, ate ice cream and popsicles to our hearts' content, played SKIP-BO (Grandma's fave!), listened to the old crooners (one time we all danced with brooms to Frank Sinatra), did cross-stitch and crafts and played with her dogs!

My Grandma has always had at least one dog. Usually she had 2 or three. Legend has it that my love for dogs began when my Grandma held me for the first time very shortly after birth. She was in the delivery room with my Mom and Dad when I made my grand entrance into this world and the first thing she said to me was, "Hello, I am Grandma. Grandma with the dogs." When I was 9 she gave us a puppy (he was the BEST dog I have ever met. Someday when The Bee and I get a dog it will be hard to compare!). Here she is with her current pups (who would sit on her lap all day if she let them):




Her black teacup poodles are 2 years old and she just got the little white teacup poodle about 3 weeks ago.  They are so sweet. Thank God for Grandmas and dogs:)

1 comment: