Sunday, November 13, 2011

I AM thankful! Really!

Boy, it didn't take me long to fall off of the thankfulness train. Oops. I think I'll scrap that endeavor. I have been THINKING about what I am thankful for everyday, just not writing about it. I was faced with a terrible sinus infection/laryngitis combo and the unexpected death of a family friend so things were a little hectic for a while there. Everything is finally slowing down, though, and I have a few wonderful things to post about (my adventure in making 8lbs of marshmallow fondant for my 5th graders and my first yoga class at CorePower to name two), so stay tuned!  :)

In the meantime, here is a convo I had with some of my 5th graders (who invited me to eat lunch with them in the cafeteria last Friday!):

5th grader #1: Mrs. Bird, when are you going to have a baby?
Me: I'm not sure!
5th grader #2: She's going to have a baby in 2 years.
Me: Oh, really? What makes you say that?
5th grader #2: Yes! Because in 2 years, I'll be in 7th grade and I can babysit your kid! Yours will be the cutest!
5th grader #1: That is a good idea! I'll babysit them, too! You should have one now, though, because you will be a really good mom.

And one with the school administrative assistant (AA) (who I absolutely adore, btw, even though this put me in a funk for a good hour or two):

Me: The Bee's new job is so much better for him! He is in a better mood and he makes more, which will allow us to get a bigger place sooner.
AA: Uh oh! You know what happens when you get more space and settle in?
Me: Ummm...more housework and yardwork?
AA: No, when we moved into our house, BAM, I was preggo like one second later. Seriously nine months after we got our place our daughter was born.

I don't even remember what I said after that. Probably like, "Oh, that's what happens?" with some forced laughter or something. It would be nice if that was all it took to get pregnant, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment