Thursday, March 20, 2014

Should I stay or should I go? (Oh, and happy SPRING!)

Several (all?) teachers got an e-mail yesterday about setting up a meeting with our principal to discuss our positions for next year. How they might change/what additional duties we may need to take on to stay full-time or even almost full-time. This happens to me every spring...the sun is up longer, my classroom is brighter, everyone (students and coworkers) are all cheerier than they've been in months! This is a great time of year to be a teacher! I've gone from feeling pretty sure about making some big changes next year to second guessing myself. Darn sun. Darn spring weather! Darn happy, funny, creative kids! I guess I should use the meeting as an opportunity for ME to figure things out as much as for my principal to figure things out. I do not envy her right now. What a hard job, to have to decide who stays, who goes, who gets cut to part-time and no longer has health insurance...she is not in a fun position right now.

3 comments:

  1. I literally sang that title in my head. Ahh spring yes you may arrive anytime now. I am ready for green grass, tractors in the fields and Reagan's first tractor rides.

    I don't envy your principal at all, Hopefully you figure out what your situation will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go with your gut and don't look back!

    ReplyDelete