Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fashion help

I am usually pretty confident with my style. Or at least I know that if I wear something hideous people will just think, "Oh, she's the art teacher. She's supposed to look weird." I tend to color block. I love 3/4 sleeve cardigans. I wear lots of scarves. I have a nice collection of fuller skirts and short dresses (long dresses are majorly hard to pull off at 5'3"). I like chunky, vintage Lucite, hoop earrings. I wear my hair in a messy bun with a headband or ribbon tied around my head. 

Last summer I purchased several new dresses in an effort to update my student-teaching-days wardrobe (that was 2007/2008, yo!) and decided to get some wide, fashion belts as well. I got 4 belts. Three of them are practical and I can wear them to work with dresses or even over sweaters when I wear dress pants or jeans. Well, belt #4 has yet to be worn. The Bee actually got it for me. I tried it on at the store and he and the sales girl were all, "Oh! That fits you perfectly!" "That was MADE for you" "That is majorly hot!" Maybe a little too hot since I don't have any clothing that it goes with!

Here's the belt:
BCBG FAUX LEATHER CORSET-WAIST BELT


WHAT can I wear it with? I think it needs to be something simple - no patterning, muted monochromatic, maybe? I might have to take it shopping with me and just try it on with stuff. I don't really know what I should even be looking for, though! How long? Fitted or flowy? Ruffles? 

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, I'm with you- cute belt, but no clue how to wear it. Maybe carry it with you next time you shop and ask a cutely dressed salesperson what they would suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I'm afraid I'm NO help here- fashion is most definitely not my speciality!

    ReplyDelete