Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday

The Bee is working late (surprised?) and I had a dinner date with a high school friend who I haven't seen in about two years. He is a hip, gay guy. When I arrived at the restaurant, the first thing he said (after a big hug and "hello!" and "wow, your hair is so curly and long!") was, "So, I have to ask...are you pregnant?" I responded, "No, I'm not!" He doesn't know we've officially been trying for over a year and a half. His response made me crack up: "Oh, THANK GOD!" Somehow him saying that didn't make me feel bad at all. I actually felt like, "Oh, good! Someone who still sees me as ME and not a damaged, sad sub-fertile."

In honor of Fat Tuesday, I ordered soup, a Greek salad and a side of the most delicious mashed potatoes. I had my last cup of coffee until Easter (giving it up for Lent!) and then crème brûlée for dessert. I even convinced my friend to get tiramisu.

Giving up coffee (and alcohol) for Lent is sort of serving a dual purpose. In some reading I've been doing about endometriosis, coffee and alcohol (especially red wine, which is my fave) are best avoided by endo sufferers. So, it will be a sacrifice that might also help me become/feel healthier in the long run. We'll see how it goes!

4 comments:

  1. Cute Blog name :) You can do it!!! I'll have to do a bit of investigating on the red wine thingy..uggg I have Endo too. Boooo Hahah. I love red as well, but I don't think I can give it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IComLeavWe: Join the Conversation - Basically from the 21st-28th of each month, you comment on other "ALI" (Adoption, Loss, Infertility) blogs. There is this huge blogging world out there of woman in our shoes. You can click on the link to ICWL on my right side bar or my blog page. You will have to wait till next month to get in on the action. You add your blog to the list at the beginning of the month, and that is how you know which blogs to comment on. You can comment on all blogs but they like that you make it a point to comment on other blogs on the list, to help give support where support is needed. It's a great way to meet other ladies out there going through what you are going through... Plus it's really nice to know you're not alone out there, lol. You should do it next month!! But like I said click on the link on my page... it will take you to this months list and you can start stalking new bloggers! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time with a friend who definitely will NOT get pregnant before you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your friend's response! It's nice to know that others can see past our IF too :) Glad you had a fun Fat Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete