Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Getting Serious

I need to get serious about something. Anything! I feel like life is just passing me by. In the past several months...
  • I haven't finished reading a single book
  • I haven't finished a single painting (pretty sure I haven't painted AT ALL except for work)
  • I haven't kept up with my yoga
  • I have let my diet go out the window (still healthy, but haven't been careful about gluten...and I really need to! I think I'll be requesting the biopsy for celiac within the next few months although, apparently, a messed up stomach can be a symptom of endometriosis, too.)
  • I started biting my nails again (okay, that just happened today, but I bit off ALL of my fingernails! Yuck! I haven't done that since Freshman year of college!)
  • I haven't kept up with laundry or dishes very well
  • I haven't gone out on a date with my husband
  • I haven't sent a note or card to any friends or family
  • I haven't invited my sisters over for dinner
I need to get serious. Seriously.

5 comments:

  1. Girl!! Haha when I first read your first bullet ("I haven't finished a single book") I thought you meant WRITING a book...I was like...wow, do you a) write books and b) at such a rapid pace you typically finish several every few months?? Crazy! Now I have decided you meant finish READING books...which is way more normal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You decided correctly...I added "read" to clarify:) I READ books. I do not WRITE books. Hahahahaha!

      Delete
    2. Ey yi yi! I added "reading" as in "finished reading." Maybe my lack of caffeine (no coffee for Lent!) is causing more problems than I thought! hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Boo, I know this feeling! Infertility can be very distracting/consuming. My advice is to take baby steps- pick 1 or 2 things from that list at a time and give yourself a timeframe to do them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just attack a few things each weekend, don't overwhelm yourself! Get serious about finding something fun to do, something tells me it won't be laundry!

    ReplyDelete