Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Family

Yesterday we had the pleasure of meeting our newest niece. She is the daughter of my nice sister-in-law and brother-in-law who also have 2-year-old twins. When we found out my sister-in-law was expecting, we were so, so excited for them! It was a journey of about 6 years and many fertility treatments, eventually leading to IVF, that brought our twin niece and nephew into our family. The newest addition was a complete surprise: no treatments, no planning. Quite a miracle given what they had been through and the diagnoses their doctors had given them years before. I am sharing this because I find so much hope in their story. First, they went through the pain and sadness of infertility but didn't give up! Their family didn't come to be in the way that most of us imagine starting a family but they got there and now we have my niece and nephew to love! Then, against all medical odds, along came our youngest niece! Quite amazing and wonderful, indeed.

For those of you beginning the road to IVF, I am praying for you.

For those of you in other stages of treatments, I am praying for you.

For those of you taking breaks from trying to conceive, I am praying for you.

For those of you pursuing adoption, I am praying for you.

And I am always hoping for all of you! 


4 comments:

  1. It truly is amazing the miracles that come in to our lives unexpectedly! So thankful your brother and sister-in-law were able to welcome another miracle in to their lives and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These miracles are just so awesome. They give hope to so many, myself included.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome story, thanks for sharing!! Hope you're feeling well!! I'm pretty sure it's almost time for a bump picture :). Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing their story AND for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete