Tuesday, December 18, 2012

1 day to go...

until Christmas vacation

I am SO excited! Last Friday, I chaperoned a field trip to a theater that is very close to my school. It is about a mile away, so instead of paying for busing, all of the K-4's, teachers, and parent chaperones walked. It was a lot harder than I expected. When I talked to The Bee that night and told him how tired I was from the 2 mile round trip he laughed and looked at my belly saying, "You are 8 months pregnant...of course it tired you out!" Since the field trip, I have started having Braxton Hicks contractions, which has me a little worried and uncomfortable. Everyone tells me that it is nothing to worry about, especially at 36 weeks along. Today I started having dull back pain, too, though, which makes me even more worried that Ponyo is making plans to arrive sooner than later. I don't want her to be born over Christmas break! I have been hoping that if I can make it through tomorrow, lots of rest and couch time over the following 13 days will keep her safe in my belly at least until I am 39 weeks on January 6. I need the 13 days off to finish preparing for my sub. My classroom is a mess (I am not the tidiest art teacher and it has been impossible to keep my room as clean as I want to leave it for my sub when art making has been in full swing up until today. I am taking it easy tomorrow...markers and crayons for my K's and cut paper and tape for my 6's).

After tomorrow, The Bee has forbidden me to go to school again until next Monday. My first day of break will be spent having our last ultrasound and seeing our little girl onscreen one more time before we get to meet her, going out to lunch with my Mom, getting my hair done, and trying to do some Christmas shopping. Friday will be finishing Christmas shopping and working on curriculum mapping/making sub plans while laying on the couch. Saturday and Sunday will be spent with The Bee and hopefully we'll get the nursery more set up...we have plenty to hang on the walls and still need to wash and put away most of the the clothing for Ponyo. Thank goodness that The Bee finished the painting a few weeks ago and shampooed the carpeting a week and a half ago. Her room is really coming together :)

So, 1 day to go! I can do this!

*35 week photo posted under pregnancy tab. We missed 31-34 and 36...just too much time away from home to make time for pictures.

5 comments:

  1. You can do it! Now I'm singing "Christmas vacaaation! Christmas vacaaaation!" Rest easy, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh you are just so close! Hang in there and try to get as much rest as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous that you have one more day. I have three. :( enjoy your time off. Make sure you take it easy. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a break! Matt and I went shopping on Sunday and by the time we got to Wal-Mart I was ready to hop on one of the motorized scooters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walking definitely brings on the B-Hicks for me too. I'm so jealous of your Christmas break! :) But seriously, I hope you enjoy your time off and get to take it easy and relax a bit. Good luck getting stuff done in Ponyo's room!

    ReplyDelete