Friday, December 21, 2012

Ponyo update!

In all of the chaos, I forgot that my appointment was today (not yesterday!). Thankfully, I checked the schedule on my phone Wednesday night so we didn't show up at the clinic 24 hours early :) 

At the appointment today, we found out that:
  • Ponyo is head down and face down (facing my back) - the perfect position for being born! 
  • Her estimated weight is about 6lbs
  • She is measuring 27th percentile
  • Her heart rate was 170bpm (she was kicking around and squirming as usual! They said 170 is perfect for when she is active)
  • I am 50% effaced and 0cm dilated - Great news! Since I am considered full term tomorrow, she can really come any time and be healthy outside of my body, but there is no indication of her arrival within the next week or so (especially if I try not to overdo it with activities on my feet).
  • All of the new aches and pains (Braxton Hicks contractions, lower back pain, shooting pains in my inner thighs) are normal for this point in pregnancy and are likely caused by Ponyo starting to engage into my pelvis. First babies tend to start doing this earlier than babies in subsequent pregnancies, so she is right on track!

5 comments:

  1. Such good news! Here lately for me it has been feeling like a bowling ball between my legs. We have an u/s on Thursday to see how big she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh! So exciting! Enjoy your break! Mine starts now and I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes sense about your symptoms. I don't know about you but I definitely feel the baby in that region a lot more - more pressure, weird twinges and shooting pains, etc. Sometimes I swear it feels like I'm sitting on a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh this is such great news!! Glad to hear she's doing well- hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay congratulations on her being in the right spot! My buddy was in the right spot the whole time, but I wouldn't dilate or efface! So glad everything is happening "just right" for you! Happy labor in the coming weeks (or days!!)

    ReplyDelete