Thursday, December 13, 2012

I have a sub, hallelujah!

We wrapped up the interviews last night and my principal made the offer to my #1 pick this afternoon...and she accepted the position! She is a licensed art teacher and local jewelry artist who is about my age and is getting back into teaching after taking a hiatus for a few years to focus on her own artwork and then staying home with her son for 16 months. She seems very knowledgeable about art content and processes and has 2 years experience in the classroom.

Now I need to get down to business planning for her, doing one last supply order for the year, and tidying my classroom. It feels so good to know who I am planning for while I will be away!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you can cross that off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! Good to have a sub in place and she sounds like a great pick. Now you can focus on fun Christmas stuff and a fabulous maternity leave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear this is taken care of! Now onto christmas and baby stuff and happy, happy, happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, and I know it must be such a relief for you! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you can cross a big thing off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you can start your holidays off without that stress! Good news!!

    ReplyDelete