Wednesday, January 2, 2013

38 weeks + 4 days

At my appointment today:

  • I weighed 142 lbs (How did I gain 3 lbs in one week?! Must have been all my recent couch time + the ridiculous amount of fudge and peppermint bark I consumed over Christmas break)
  • My blood pressure was good
  • My hemoglobin was 12.1
  • Ponyo's heart rate was 153
  • I was 1.5 cm dilated
  • I was 60-70% effaced
My doctor said I am making slow but steady progress and she wouldn't be surprised to see me at my regular appointment next Wednesday. She said that it is no wonder I am uncomfortable at this point, Ponyo's head is really low. That made me feel better because I have been trying to act like I feel fine...I mean I have wanted this for so long and I am not about to start complaining now! Truth is, pain is pain, discomfort is discomfort, crappy sleep is crappy sleep no matter if you vocalize it or not and no matter how much you want the end result of such ailments. I was glad to be validated so I don't feel like a wuss anymore!

In other news: 
  • My sub starts shadowing me tomorrow! I am nervous but also glad...the transition will (hopefully) be a smooth one for everybody. The number of students and teachers that found ridiculous reasons to come by the art room today to see if I was there/how I am doing was both heartwarming and hilarious. I only have 7 teaching days left before I start leave (unless Ponyo comes early).
  • I am missing The Bee tonight, and will continue to do so all week. His "busy season" officially started at work today. That means coming home midnight or later M-F and possibly Saturday, too. We are hoping Ponyo waits so that things aren't too stressful for him. His teams at work have set up back-ups for him so he can leave to be with me at a moment's notice, but without him there things will be a bit crazy until the first big deadline is met this Saturday. 
  • If you have a spare moment, hop on over to Megan's blog A journey through weightloss, dealing with PCOS, and life and leave her a nice comment. She and her husband conceived a little girl last April and after some monitoring this morning, she had a c-section scheduled for this afternoon due to blood pressure concerns. 



5 comments:

  1. Eek! So close! Hope you're able to get some rest... although I already know at 23.5 weeks how difficult that can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I totally know what you mean about needing a doctor to validate pain so that you don't feel like a wuss!! Glad you got some validation, now you can complain with ease! :) Sounds like all good news-- I'm sure things will go great with the sub shadowing you and then it's smooth sailing til baby! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lady! I am so excited that things are progressing for you. Of course you can always refer to her as peanut because we have just as long as ponyo can still be ponyo to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So that bottom part made no sense as I reread it. We refer to her as peanut still, and to me even though I can't wait to see what Ponyo's name is she will still be Ponyo! Hope you are doing good.

      Delete
  4. Yay for more progress! Hope you get to see your hubby some amidst the craziness. And don't feel bad for complaining a bit - it may be hard to feel like you are allowed to do so when you've been through so much to get to this point, but as you say, pain is pain! And I'm totally feeling "the pain" too, so whine away! :)

    ReplyDelete