Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Update 39 weeks + 4 days


  • Ponyo's heart rate was 164 - she was being a wiggle worm per usual.
  • She is still head down...there is practically zero chance that she'll be able to flip into any other position at this point. She is too big and cramped!
  • I am 2.5 cm dilated and still 60-70% effaced. My doctor said that is good progress and if I continue to walk and spend time on my feet, she thinks labor could start on its own within the next week. She did have me keep my appointment for next Wednesday, just in case, though. And she told me to get a pedicure if I want try and help things along. She also told me to take naps because she can tell I haven't been sleeping well. So, lots of walking (grocery shopping), standing (preparing some freezer meals), and napping are on the agenda for tomorrow!
  • If Ponyo isn't seeming like she'll come on her own, the earliest we'd talk about inducing would be Friday, 01/18/13. 
In other news:
  • I am done teaching! I painted with my kindergartners today before heading to my appointment and now I won't be back to teach until next August! I'll still be doing school stuff, just from home or infrequently at school (i.e. attending some meetings, doing activities for the auction, helping my sub pack up the room in June!). I am so glad to be done, especially after learning that strep, head lice and influenza are moving through the school. We had 3 confirmed cases of influenza today and several more students were going in for testing. Scary stuff - apparently the vaccine is only 63% effective. Yesterday a 15-year-old girl from a suburb right outside of my city passed away from influenza. 
  • The Bee got home at 4:45am this morning. Ugh. I need that man to get more sleep. Not sure how he is supposed to help me and Ponyo at the hospital if he is so worn down! Plus, I just worry about his health in general. He is losing weight and looks so tired! 
  • We plan to go and see The Hobbit (that was The Bee's idea) on Saturday if Ponyo hasn't joined us yet. He found a theater right by the hospital, just in case...haha! 
Now I'm off to switch the laundry. On my way home from the appointment I stopped at Target for some odds and ends, including underpants for me and The Bee. My mom advised me to do that...buy a week's worth of new underwear for both of us and keep them in a separate drawer from all the others so if we find ourselves too tired/overwhelmed to do laundry, we'll at least have a week of clean underwear before we have to panic! I'll be stashing some of The Bee's undershirts and socks there, too!


4 comments:

  1. That is the best advice from your mom! I'm going to have to share that gem. Hooray for progress- the time to meet this precious girl is approaching quickly! Now, switch that laundry and schedule that pedi :) Thinking of you, The Bee and Ponyo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are on top of things and ready for her to arrive!! Hope you can get some rest while you wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh you are getting closer! Hopefully Bee can slow down that way he can enjoy Ponyo and all that new family time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not going to lie - I am jealous that you are off work now :) But good for you, it sounds like you've got everything mostly ready and you've definitely earned a period of rest (however long it might last) before Ponyo arrives. Which freezer meals are you doing? My mom and I made a list of casseroles and some crockpot-all-in-one meals that we are going to try to do.

    ReplyDelete