Friday, January 11, 2013

OB lockdown

This morning I called my clinic because I have been having spotting since yesterday morning. I had a feeling it was from Wednesday's appointment and the lovely cervix check. Sure enough, the nurse said that is what it sounds like and it should resolve itself by tomorrow night.

While I had her on the phone, I asked about the flu situation at the hospital. She said that the OB ward is currently on strict lock down in regards to visitors. So, it looks like we won't get any visitors unless the flu somehow starts to simmer down (unlikely, since it usually peaks in February). Hopefully our moms can come. I am sort of glad that the hospital is saying no visitors, even though it makes me sad that we won't get to experience the hospital stay we imagined. This way, at least we know our family and friends aren't going to contract the flu while visiting the hospital because of us! I would feel terrible if anyone visited us and then got sick as a result.

So, it looks like it will be me, The Bee, and Ponyo those first few days.

6 comments:

  1. I hate that your stay won't get to be how you envisioned it, but I really think it will be kind of nice! I loved having visitors, but it was also very overwhelming to feel like we had zero down time as everyone was coming and going. Hope it turns out to be for the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this flu season is very scary! Please be careful with all of the ice! Praying for an uneventful delivery and hopefully a visit from your moms! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I saw this title and just saw the word OB and got super excited thinking maybe that is where you were heading! We did have visitors but they were at a minimum and it wasn't overwhelming. I would have been devastated if my mom and dad wouldn't have been allowed in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison means it was overwhelming EXCEPT for her favorite visitor, me :)

    Ha, hope all goes well and that everyone stays flu-free!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it will be more quaint with just you an DH. Although I know it's hard having another cure ball thrown at you. This journey sucks so bad sometimes. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That actually sounds perfect to me, LOL. I didn't want any visitors, I just wanted it to be the four of us in the hospital. We had to have visitors though of course, but sometimes I told them to look at the babies in the nursery and leave me alone to sleep...

    ReplyDelete