Monday, April 9, 2012

In the meantime...

AF arrived April 7 (which made my last cycle 28 days long!). I should only have my period twice more before my surgery! Until then I am just biding my time and trying to enjoy the spring. I am not a very patient person, however, so I am doing some things to help me feel like I am not just being passive and wasting time. Here are some of the things that are helping me survive until June!

01. I got a new matching set from Victoria's Secret. Super fancy and girly compared to what I normally wear. That is NOT me in the picture, just so you know! Hahaha! The Bee believes that everyone is in a better mood when they wear matching sets of things and it is still working for me! If you are feeling down, maybe it is time for a new bra and underwear set :) I don't mean to belittle anyone's sorrow by saying new underpants will erase sadness or hardship, but when you look good, you feel at least BETTER if not actually good.

02. I am leaving the prenatal vitamins in the cupboard until I get my BFP! For now I am taking a combination of other vitamins including this Stress-B Complex which includes B9 (folic acid) as well as 7 other B-vitamins. B-vitamins are supposed to help with one's sense of well-being, have been known to help regulate menstrual cycles, and also:
  • Help convert food into energy
  • Help support immune system health
  • Help maintain nervous system health
  • Protect against damaging free radicals
03. I am eating tons of leafy green veggies (especially broccoli, kale, and spinach) which are thought to help rid the body of excess estrogens. I am also eating chia seeds (yep...the things that you grow on Chia Pets!), which are an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids. And I am being really serious about eating NO gluten! My stomach is so much happier for it and I hope my healthy eating pays off in more ways than one! I am still struggling with my weight, though, and hope to gain at least 6 pounds by my surgery!

04. I am listening to music that makes me happy. Right now Fitz and the Tantrums (pictured above) is my #1 musical love! Also in the mix: Aloe Blacc, Raphael Saadiq, Amy Winehouse, and the '90s Music Choice channel (because I know ALL the words!). Also, I often have the song Soulful Strut playing on repeat:


Be honest...can you feel down in the dumps after that tune?! If you said, "Yes, I am still down in the dumps," then you need to strut around the room soulfully while listening to it again. I can guarantee it will make you feel at least a little better :)

What do you do to mange the stress of infertility when you are waiting for the next step?







No comments:

Post a Comment