Friday, April 13, 2012

Just tell Him!

Today in class, one of my first graders asked me, out the the blue, "Mrs. Bird, do you want kids?"

I paused, smiled and said, "I sure do!" and then (to preserve my sanity and prevent more questions) added, "Someday!"

She looked me straight in the eyes and said, "Well, tell God!"

I laughed and asked, "And then what will happen?"

Her response: "God will make your belly bigger and put a baby in there! Just tell Him!"

So, I told Him. And now here it is in writing:

God, I really want a baby. I am ready! I know my husband will be an amazing father and I'll do my best as a mother. Please, make my belly bigger and put a baby in there.

9 comments:

  1. Love that...Hope your belly gets bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are so cute and sometimes they just make you smile, I'm glad you just told Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, so sweet. :) I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a the Leibster Blog award :) Stop by my page to take a look - Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I just love your stories! You could also go home and kiss your husband every night..that's what my kids told me just a few days ago :) I just tagged you in a Q & A in my blog, if you get a chance check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog - I too am an elementary art teacher struggling with infertility - small world! My husband and I have just finished our 3rd cycle or IUI and have called a "time out" in the baby-making department.

    I wish it was as easy as those little ones think it is. I wish. I wish!

    Anyways, great blog!

    Samantha
    www.thestrollercoaster.com

    ReplyDelete