Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Just a quick update

Most of the time I am still in disbelief about getting a positive pregnancy test earlier this month. I am extremely thankful and feel very, very blessed to have been given this gift! I am about six weeks pregnant. All day morning sickness/nausea has started setting in. I am not sure if it is the progesterone supplements that I am using or just being pregnant. I am hoping and praying that it is a good sign that my hormones are doing what they are supposed to! If all continues to go alright, we shouldn't find anything out until our first ultrasound on June 6.

We have still only told my older sister and best friend our news. We plan to tell our parents after the ultrasound. It has been very challenging not to tell my Mom, Grandmother, sister who is 2 years younger than me, and another girlfriend who we have been open with about our struggle with infertility. I feel like we are in a bit of a pickle because our families and a few of my friends know that I was going to be scheduling my laparoscopy for early June and some have (very sweetly) started asking about it. We've been saying that we won't be able to schedule it until after we get results from some tests we have scheduled for June 6, which is totally true! I am hoping like I've never hoped before that we'll get positive news at that appointment and I won't need to have my surgery before we take home our first child. Lots of prayers are being said and lots of thanks being given around here! I am praying for all of you everyday, too! My St. Gerard prayer card remains on my nightstand and I say that prayer every night:)

I have 10.5 teaching days left of the school year! Hurrah! I am probably a little too excited but this is my first summer off since I started working at age 16! I already have a nice stack of books ready for summer reading (including The Hunger Games, A Game of Thrones, the last 3 Harry Potter books, and several books on artist and author Edward Gorey). I also have a dozen or so canvases waiting to be painted, lots of flour sack towels waiting for embroidery, an office that is waiting to be cleaned, a new bread pan waiting for gluten free bread to be baked in, and a few swim suits that are waiting to be worn!

7 comments:

  1. So excited for you and The Bee! And for the record, I think it was no coincidence that God "arranged" for you to be off this summer :) Sounds like perfect time to rest and grow a baby if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're ready for a summer filled with crafts, fun, reading and growing that baby! Praying the next few weeks zoom by and you can share your awesome news!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very happy for you!!! I'd be bursting to tell, lol!!! Good luck on the 6th, we'll all be thinking about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so so happy for you! Praying for patience to make it to the 6th! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you have been able to keep it a secret and yay for morning sickness, I think that is a very good sign!!! Hope you post some pictures of your projects this summer, love things like that to keep me busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so ready for summer! I take the all day nausea as a good sign and will gladly take it the entire pregnancy if that means I will have a healthy baby. I, unlike you, could not keep it from my parents nor could Matt keep it from his parents. But we are waiting to tell my Aunt and Uncle till after the u/s. I just hope our week hurries up and gets here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am super impressed you haven't told anyone!! And I'm with the rest-- I think the nausea is a good sign! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete