Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ugh

7.5 teaching days left to go. The kids are crazy. I am tired. I am so grateful to have the summer off this year!

This morning was rough. I woke up feeling off. I tried to eat but I ended up throwing up 3 times before I left for school. I wasn't sure if I should call in sick or not. I decided to tough it out. I am surprised at how much I seem to suck at pregnancy. I am not complaining about any of my symptoms; I know I am extremely lucky. I kept my cool the first 2 times I threw up this morning. But when I was sick for the third time and had tears streaming down my face I realized that getting pregnant wasn't easy for us and it seems that being pregnant isn't going to be the smoothest, either. I hope that our appointment (a week from tomorrow) will make me feel more confident about everything. Throwing up won't seem as bad after I get to see a healthy, growing baby.

I always thought I'd eat such a healthy diet while pregnant. I am not eating horribly but I am sure I am not getting enough protein or fat right now. I can't stand beans, avocados, or my gluten free bread. I have mostly been living off of apples, oranges, frozen blueberries, ginger ale, vegetable soup, and potatoes (of the mashed and baked varieties). I feel guilty about this. I try to eat the way I was 4 weeks ago but now I find myself gagging on most of my favorite foods. And here's something that my husband finds hilarious...I want steak and hamburgers. I don't think I have ever eaten steak in my life and I probably haven't had a hamburger since I was 4 but I can't stop thinking about them! I don't know that I'd actually be able to eat meat if I had it in front of me, but it smells amazing (so many people in the neighborhood were grilling last weekend, oh my goodness!) and when I try to think of something to eat those are the first things that pop in my head. We never even have that kind of food around. The only meat my husband ever makes at home is chicken.

Thank you for letting me vent. I am still thankful. I still know that I am blessed and lucky. Tomorrow will be better.

3 comments:

  1. I think it is so funny you are craving steak! I totally think you should give it a try (maybe a bite of someone's...not committing to the whole thing and then maybe hating it)...but you should make sure it's a really good one so that you don't waste the craving on a sub-par, poorly cooked steak! OK here's my crazy pregnancy craving story. Which you might find ironic since I've never been pregnant, but whatev. The thing is, I have only had a Slim Jim (you know, gas station delicacy) one time in my life, a few years ago. But the moment I started eating that Slim Jim, I knew it: when I am pregnant, I will crave these. I couldn't get the idea out of my head. It was grossly delicious, that Slim Jim, and I haven't had once since, but I just KNOW that when I'm pregnant, I will be making some serious gas station runs for those nasty old things. Ha. Go figure. So at least you're not craving that-- it's probably like 300 steps below steak on a list of delicious carnivore foods!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too hard on yourself- your diet sounds better than mine! :) And just remember that "this too shall pass"... hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better about craving the steak, this farm girl meat eater had to choke down some hamburger the other day. Ugh and usually I am such a sucker for a nice juicy hamburger. Have you tried the suggestions you gave me for the nausea? The sour candy has really helped me with making it much more bearable. I have 5 days till my u/s and it seems to be crawling on. Hoping we both get some awesome news.

    ReplyDelete