Wednesday, May 2, 2012

She gets me

Yesterday on the way home from work, I changed lanes on the freeway and one of my sisters was right behind me (this never happens even though we only live about 10 minutes apart). She waved and I waved and then she followed me home. When we got out of our cars she said, "I just thought I'd stop to give you a hug!" Of course she ended up coming in and we talked for the better part of the next 2 hours.

I spilled my guts about how I feel like a loser wanting to skip my sister-in-law's shower later this month. I prefaced it with, "You will probably think I am so horrible for what I am about to say." Her response? "Sometimes I feel like certain people are happy enough for themselves that they don't need my happiness, too!"

 I have great sisters:)

7 comments:

  1. You do have awesome sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! Check out my post on it and get the details.

      Delete
  2. What a great response. I live for moments like these. Those glimps' of truth when your 'soul' is truly understood by someone else so dear to your heart. You are lucky to have kick ass sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE her response! That's great! AND TRUE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that! Your sister is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to put that quote away somewhere and use it in the future, I think she may be right!! I have always wanted a sister, so glad you have such awesome ones to get you through the tough times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You DO have great sisters, and I agree completely! :)

    ReplyDelete