Friday, October 12, 2012

Anxiety

Over the past 3 weeks or so, I have woken up in a panic over several things. Most of the time they don't seem as daunting during the daytime, but at 2:30am (i.e. right now) they have me terrified. Some of the causes of my anxiety include:

  • Getting all of my clock hours submitted for my relicensure next spring
  • The Bee's wardrobe for family photos this weekend (this is taken care of now, but it woke me up more than once!)
  • Preparing plans for my long term sub
  • Interviewing long term sub applicants
  • Finishing curriculum mapping for all 9 grades that I teach
  • Ponyo's nursery (which is still our library/art room/office at this point)
  • Planning the baby shower for my BFF
  • Dirty dishes in my sink
  • Signing up for our birthing classes (we have the time and place chosen, we just have to officially register but The Bee wants to finish his next exam before thinking about the classes)
  • Photographing and uploading student work to their online portfolios (I haven't even started this for this school year and it is mid-October already!)
  • Stories "helpful" people have told me about labor and delivery (i.e. "When are you due?" January 12th "Oh, my daughter was due January 10th but then arrived December 17th!" or "All of the teachers I know have gone into preterm labor. You'd better be careful." or "Are you sure you want to deliver at a hospital so far from work? You might have the baby in the car like my cousin did!")
  • Our carpeting. It is fine, but I really want to clean it all before Ponyo arrives. I'll just feel better about tummy time if I know it is as clean as possible.
  • The holidays (not sure why these freak me out this year. I LOVE Thanksgiving and Christmas!)
That is all I can think of right now. I've finished my toast so I should try to get a few more winks of sleep before my alarm goes off at 5:45 (sleeping in an extra 15 minutes because it is Friday!).

4 comments:

  1. I could go down your list and agree with almost everything on it and where your work stuff was insert mine. I'm trying to not over think and worry because deep down I know things will get done and the things that don't I guess will just have to wait. Just breathe. Then the holidays gosh I can't believe they are almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New commenter over here... but if I can offer a small piece of unsolicited advice that MAY knock something off your list: don't stress about cleaning the carpets. We had a really pukey baby and he ended up ruining ours. So now that he's 11 months old and not puking anymore, we have replaced all the carpets. Just saying you don't need to stress about carpets because they'll probably get just as dirty as soon as the little peanut arrives. Hope this doesn't stress you out more... (typically unsolicited parenting advice stresses me out... so apologies in advance!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with you on the nursery, dirty dishes, baby classes, and carpet issues! I'm not a teacher so I don't have any of those concerns, but I am pretty sure that there is NO ONE who will/can cover for me at my work when I'm out and I'm starting to panic about that. Mostly I'm worried that anything urgent will get pushed onto someone else at the last minute and he or she will not know what to do and I'll come back to a huge mess because stuff wasn't done correctly. Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh...so much to do!!!! You seem to be a list maker like me and I always get a thrill off of crossing things off the list. Don't take on too much at once or you will just end up in tears. It will all get done, and if it doesn't who care....you aer going to have a baby soon :)

    ReplyDelete