Sunday, October 14, 2012

Third tri

Yesterday marked 27 weeks* for Ponyo, which means we made it to the third trimester! After all of those months (and years) of praying and hoping for a baby, I cannot believe that this is where we are today. According to my Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy book (which I highly recommend, by the way...it is my only baby/pregnancy related book aside from The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding), Ponyo has a greater than 85% chance of survival if she decides to arrive right now. Of course, we still want her to stay put at least until the beginning of January!

She must know that she made it to another milestone because I am experiencing new and exciting aches and pains. The Bee was concerned yesterday when I was retrieving something from a low cupboard in the kitchen as I cooked dinner and all of the sudden I yelped and sat down on the floor. He rushed over to my aid, and asked what happened. This is so weird to share, but it might save someone some anxiety some day...it totally felt like Ponyo kicked me in the backside (NOT a cheek, either, if you know what I mean). And it HURT! Additionally, I now require even MORE water to stay hydrated, which means more middle-of-the-night bathroom breaks. And I think the nesting instinct may be starting because I feel like I need to get everything done all at the same time! This doesn't work very well and so far has resulted in me starting a lot of things and then feeling overwhelmed and not getting much more done than some laundry and excessive cooking. I think I need to make a list and tackle one thing at a time so I can actually make some progress.

I am beyond thankful that things have been going so well so far. And like I said, we still (yes, STILL) can't believe we have been so incredibly blessed to be expecting Ponyo. We are praying for 3 more relatively uneventful months and the arrival of a healthy Ponyo in early 2013!

*I posted a 27 week photo. Week 26 was missed b/c my husband was out of town.

7 comments:

  1. Hooray for the 3rd trimester and congrats on making it this far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 3rd trimester!!! I completely understand about feeling overwhelmed about all the things I need to get done. I think I will be making a list too maybe it will at least make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited everything has gone well so far and that you are in the home stretch! I sort of feel like the nesting instinct hit me way too early because I already feel like I need to get everything done right away- ha! That is also just part of my personality, unfortunately :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new photo!!! And how are you already this far along????? Doesn't seem possible!! 2013 is just around the corner...a big year for so many of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you are in the 3rd trimester already! Wow how time flies!! Here's hoping the pain doesn't last until the end! Thinking of you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you how much I enjoy your posts & how you have continued blogging as a pregnant IFer. Thank you for making a separate pregnancy page...The pictures sometimes tear me apart, but there are also times I want to rejoice with you. It makes it so much easier to log on knowing I would be bombarded with pregnancy pictures, especially when I am having a particularly low day. You are such a cute pregnant lady, BTW. Congrats on 3rd trimester. Hoping for a continued healthy pregnancy and delivery.

    ReplyDelete