Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Days like these

Days like these I wish I could stay in bed and snuggle with my husband instead of getting up to go to work. He got home at 11:30 last night (after a 14.5 hour day) and by then I had fallen asleep on the couch trying to wait up for him. Now I am up getting ready for a day at school and he is nestled in bed, sound asleep, as the rain pours down outside.

I hope things at his work slow down. I am not sure how long either of us can keep this up. He is sick (just a bad cold) and stressed from his workload and late nights. I am exhausted from trying to keep up with everything at home by myself (housework, cooking, grocery shopping, preparing for Ponyo) on top of working full-time as a teacher and being on my feet all day. It is slowly getting harder and harder as Ponyo grows. Carrying an extra 20+ pounds puts a lot of strain on a body and I just don't have the energy to spend much more time on my feet after teaching 7 classes and covering recess duty!

Enough whining on this Tuesday morning. I just miss my husband!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Bee working such long hours. I can relate though. It has been a struggle to keep up with my end of the day to day stuff. Snuggling in bed sounds so nice right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! My husbands new job has him working 8:30-7:30. I miss him. I tried to convince him that we could take a "sick day" together today. Mr. Responsible convinced me it was a bad idea. And he's right. But it would have been nice!

    ReplyDelete