Sunday, October 7, 2012

Not much to report so, as a typical Minnesotan, I'll talk a lot about the weather

Not too much to report around here. The Bee has been working crazy hours (as usual) and this weekend he is out of town with his Dad to winterize the house that my mother-in-law and father-in-law are fixing up in order to retire to some years down the road. Starting in July, they began the enormous project of lifting the house and digging a basement. Yes, they lifted the entire house off of the ground and added a basement! It sounds so crazy and was even crazier to see all of the pictures as the project progressed. This weekend they are trying to put in the last of the windows and dig the window wells for the egress windows so everything is sealed before winter officially hits. The poor men are working in pretty cold conditions...it snowed Friday night and has been in the 40s and 50s since then.

Yesterday I went to my twin niece and nephew's third birthday party! My sister-in-law and brother-in-law waited 6 years and did many treatments in order to have them join our family. It was a fun party (although, admittedly, it would have been more fun had my husband been there!). I am a little worried because several of the little kids had pretty nasty coughs and now I woke up with a stuffy nose and a cough! Ugh! Hopefully that has more to do with the dry weather (a cold front moved in Wednesday and it has been in the 40s, 50s and 60s since then. Right now (at 10am) it is 32 degrees out but it feels like 25 due to the cold winds) we have been experiencing.

In exciting news, we have our next appointment on Wednesday morning and we will get to see Ponyo again! She has been very active the last 2 days and on Friday night my Mom and one of my sisters got to feel some pretty strong kicks! Prior to that, it was only the Bee and I who had felt her wiggling around. I am lucky to be feeling well. I am just experiencing some of the normal stuff: some back pain, especially at night, and ankle swelling (I haven't worn my compression tights since Tuesday and I am paying for that choice now...eek!). Many people (mostly relatives and parents at my school) have been telling me that I am looking really good for being 26 weeks (and that I am still pretty small) which makes me think that either: 1. I really look terrible and they are all saying nice things to make me feel better or 2. Ponyo might not be getting all she needs from my vegetarian/gluten free diet. We'll see what Dr. D tells us Wednesday. I hope Ponyo is measuring right on track again!


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh-- I can't believe it is so cold there!! Yikes! Also I cannot fathom PICKING UP a house to put a basement underneath-- that is wild!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh snow seems crazy but I guess it is coming for us too sooner rather. I was concerned about my diet because I was afraid I wasn't eating enough because food didn't sound good/made me sick but when I talked to the Dr. he didn't seem concerned and said everything was on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was 26 degrees out when I woke up this morning, and I'm not even as far north as Minnesota! Yikes! No snow yet though, thankfully. Fall is my favorite season so I really just want to enjoy that before we get to the winter stuff. And as far as your 25 week picture anyway, you DO look great! I'm not very big for 26 weeks either, but they say every person is different. I have a FB friend who just posted her 8 months photo and I swear I'm bigger than she is and she is close to delivering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe how far along you are!!! And how fast things are moving, I can't imagine the feeling of your little one kicking inside of you...snow already, wow!!

    ReplyDelete