Thursday, March 29, 2012

One. More. Day.

And then I am on spring break! I probably shouldn't be this excited about spring break at age 28, but I am! I get more excited about it as a teacher than I ever did as a kid, actually! I know the circles under my eyes will benefit from some extra rest and my tight chest will benefit from some de-stressing. I am SO READY for a BREAK!

Thankfully, today was really fun at school. The kids are amped but channeled their energy for (mostly) good. Two kindergartners brought me a huge poster they made for me (I didn't even have them today but they made it for me during their choice time! Awe!) by taping together several sheets of paper. It was such a nice end to the day!

Also, yesterday one of my co-workers got a tattoo that I helped design for her and I got to see it today! I drew it on her skin about 2 weeks ago with Sharpie and she snapped a picture to bring to the tattoo shop. I was tickled to hear that the tattoo artist wondered who drew it on her. When she said, "Our Art teacher!" he was like, "WHAT art teacher?! This is fantastic!" Well, at least that is what my co-worker said he said:) And the tattoo was EXACTLY like the one I drew, too! Size, color, placement, everything! It reminded me that I AM AN ARTIST and I do nice work. That part of me gets pushed down and ignored far too often. Hopefully I'll make some time for my own work over my break!


I hope all of you have a lovely Friday tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo, Spring break! I'd be pumped too! So awesome about the tattoo...what was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a Celtic knot design that had special meaning to her. I was honored that she asked me to help her with it and I am so thrilled that it turned out beautifully!

      Delete
  2. I know my mom is ready for spring break too! I am ready for my mini vacay to DC and some time away. How sweet about the picture and awesome about the tattoo. I always love looking at other peoples tattoos and the meanings behind them but I don't think I could ever get one, too big of a chicken and commitment issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same when it comes to tattoos! I love to admire them (well, only the nice ones..I HATE cartoon-y ones and especially ones with smiley faces...barf!) but I can't think of anything I'd be content (let alone HAPPY) about having on my body for the rest of my life!

      Delete
  3. Yay for spring break! :) Hope it is relaxing and restful! I have a tattoo I got when I was 18...The chinese symbol for happniess, which I still sort of like because it is about a one inch square and well hidden on my hip, but otherwise...What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than snow days and vacations to a teacher!!! That's awesome about the tattoo for your friend, I have always wanted one but never knew where/what, maybe you can design one for me!

    ReplyDelete