Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Prayer

Telling my Mom about our struggle with fertility has been one of the most liberating things for me in the last 20 months. I told her last October and she has been nothing but supportive (even though she says some funny things at times!). A few weeks ago she gave me a bag of stuff that included some sewing supplies, books about teaching, two tape dispensers (I have an abnormal love of office/school supplies), and some cardboard tubes and cereal boxes (that I use for projects at school, art teachers truly are scroungers!). I am embarrassed to admit that it took me this long to completely unpack the last of the goodies.

 Here is what I found at the very bottom of the bag:

Sorry for the terrible picture (I did not use our new camera to snap this photo!). It is a prayer card with St. Gerard Majella on the front and this prayer on the back:

Almighty God, Author of Life,
your servant,
St. Gerard Majella,
practiced love of you
and love of others
in an extraordinary way.
Through his powerful intercession,
grant the gift of life to couples
who need your help.
Protect the unborn and 
assist mothers-to-be.
May children,
especially those in the womb
and the most vulnerable,
be a sign of your unfailing love.

It was just what I needed today! I have been searching for a prayer for people dealing with infertility or a patron saint of infertile couples and found nothing! Then, without even mentioning it to her, my Mom found this and gave it to me! I will be saying this with my nightly prayers for all of us going through this difficult experience!

5 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Thanks for sharing...I will be adding this to my prayers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I have a St. Gerard medal my mother in law gave me. I keep him by my bedside and pray to him often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, what a neat little surprise. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! I'm so glad that she has been a source of support for you.

    ReplyDelete