Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Photos!

Last weekend we went up north for one last winter hurrah with some of our very good friends. It was a refreshing break from our day to day lives even though Mother Nature prevented snowshoeing, ice skating, skiing and snowboarding because it was around 65 degrees out! We did get to enjoy some pond skipping (skiers and snowboarders speed down a hill and try to cross a pond over the top of open water!). It was entertaining and it gave me a chance to try out our new toy:

A Canon Rebel T3i !!!

I saved a portion of last year's summer program income with the intention of buying this beauty and we FINALLY got around to it! The Bee is busy reading the manual and I have been playing with it but still have A LOT to learn! Hopefully, someday this blog will have lovely pictures to spice it up a little:) Until then, here's an okay image of the pond skipping (only my 12th or so photo...things should only improve!):



Other than that, not much going on here!


7 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to hear how you love the new camera, P and I are looking into getting a new one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for new cameras!! Your winter activities sound so foreign and exotic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture! Excited for you and your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun picture! Good luck learning how to use your new toy...I'd be lost :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like the one Matt got me for Christmas, or something very similar and I am still learning all about it. Pond skipping is something I have never heard of but looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting! I'm from the North, too, but live in the South. Sad you didn't get to do all the fun winter activities that the North offers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting a new camera is always so FUN! I'm sure you'll enjoy learning how to use it!

    ReplyDelete