Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Appointment set

I called the clinic yesterday and they were very apologetic that a scheduler hadn't contacted me. They seemed super nice...even when I started to cry over the phone... Oh, Lord, help me learn to compose myself!

I have my first appointment set for this Friday afternoon, 12/23/11. I filled out the online new patient info and medical history last night. The doctor I am seeing is very young (she looks about my age, which to me seems young for a doctor) so I bet she's very well versed in recent medical research and treatments. I just called my doctor's office and requested that they send my records to the fertility clinic. I think I am all set! Maybe not mentally, but I have 2 days to get to that point.

***Just got a call from the business office at the clinic with bad news...my insurance will not be covering any fertility related costs. Once I am officially labeled infertile, everything will need to be paid out of pocket at the time of treatment. Is this pretty standard for insurance policies? This has me seriously considering looking for a new job. For an entity that boasts their love of family and the importance of social justice, they sure leave their employees out in the cold in regards to salary, medical coverage and retirement benefits.***

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry- the crying is normal! Or it is for me anyway. My insurance doesn't cover treatment either, and I work for a pretty big company! Some of the stuff that's "diagnostic" is covered. For example, at the beginning of a cycle, you go in around day 3 of your cycle for a baseline ultrasound to make sure you have no cysts before they start treatment. And because that is a preventative thing, it's just a co-pay for me rather than the $200 for a normal ultrasound. Hopefully yours is the same!

    ReplyDelete