Friday, December 16, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray!

No, I am not with child.

However, I am officially on Christmas vacation! Seventeen (yes, you read that correctly...17) glorious days off (including weekends, of course)! I love my job and I love my students but I am so thankful for this break. It will involve lots of Christmas stuff (obviously!), extra yoga sessions (I can go to the daytime classes for 2 weeks! No more yoga at 7:30pm until 2012!), writing 'Thank You' notes to students, some work in my classroom (hopefully not too much but I definitely have some grading to catch up on!), sewing, painting, crafting, reading, getting my hair done, deep cleaning the fridge, getting the laundry back under control, trying some new recipes...it will be great.

To kick it off I am getting together with some friends from work (2 with kids, 2 preggos, 2 singletons). I haven't gotten together with this bunch since last June (when only I was trying to get pregnant, ugh). Thankfully, spouses are invited so The Bee can help me remain calm and collected. I don't really anticipate anything horrible. I am just a little nervous someone might ask us about why we aren't pregnant yet. Hopefully they won't. They probably won't. It has just become my worst fear in social settings. A few weeks ago even a high school friend of ours (a single male) asked The Bee, "So, what's taking you so long, big guy?" in front of a bunch of our friends at a restaurant. Since when do single dudes want their married friends popping out babies?! Am I safe nowhere?!

Tomorrow will be even better. I get to see my best friend (who I haven't seen since October!). She and her husband are sort of going through the same thing as me and The Bee so she is one person I am safe around and can talk candidly to.

Also: Yesterday I called the fertility clinic I was referred to by my doctor. They took all of my contact info and said a scheduler would call me, probably within 24 hours. Well, gosh-darn-it, they didn't call and now the office is closed until Monday. At least I am on break so I can answer my phone a lot more easily next week and/or call them 3 million times to get something on the calendar!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I HATE that feeling of dread before social events. Half the time I end up just not going so as to avoid it. Hope yours goes well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for being on break! And ugh, last night at my husband's company Christmas party, a handful of couples that we met asked if we had any kids yet and then seemed disappointed (at least it felt that way) when we said no... so much pressure!!

    ReplyDelete