Tuesday, December 13, 2011

NOT a good day

I got the call from my doctor. My uterus looks "very normal" but both of my ovaries have cysts. Two on the right and three on the left. This could (obviously) mean PCOS. My next step is to see a gynecologist at the fertility clinic. My doctor mentioned Clomid and Metformin as possible "minimal interventions."

The Bee still hasn't been seen in regards to this whole mess, although it sounds like it is probably me. I don't know a ton about Clomid or Metformin but medications in general scare me a little. My doctor said that people on Clomid are closely monitored so if we end up taking that route we'll probably have to wait until summer (I think I'd be able to handle everything better when I'm off of work and making appointments would be a lot easier then, too). I'll be giving the fertility clinic a call tomorrow and hopefully setting something up.

2 comments:

  1. I've done Clomid, Metformin, and more! Happy to answer any questions or share my experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have SO MANY questions right now so I will probably be asking soon!

    ReplyDelete