Monday, December 12, 2011

A good day

I haven't heard from the doctor yet regarding my ultrasound from last week. Well, she did call this afternoon while I was at work and left a message saying she'd try back tomorrow with the results from my u/s which makes me a bit nervous (if everything was good, would they leave that in the message? I feel like there must be some bad news!).

So, what was good about this rainy, cool Monday with no new news in the fertility department? Well, I got my first Christmas gift of the season from one of my students! I work at a Catholic school so we can celebrate Christmas without offending anyone or breaking any law, which is super awesome. The teachers at our school are very well loved and every Christmas season I am overwhelmed by the generosity of our families! Here is what my first grader brought me this morning:

Oh, for cute!

The day went on and the kids were pretty much perfect angels (even my middle schoolers who have been known to have crazy days). I did recess duty (indoors because of the rain) and when I was on my way back to my classroom the principal caught me in the hall and said, "Merry Christmas!" and gave me a card. I thanked him and waited to open it until I was back in my room. Well, I opened it and inside was a bonus check for $150.00! Holy cow! We have NEVER gotten bonuses before! What a lovely surprise! 

During my last class of the day, one of my students who brought birthday treats for her class came to my room to share one with me! I get lots of birthday treats (who doesn't love the ART teacher, right?) but today the birthday girl and her friend came in with a tray CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT BARK. I thought I'd get to pick one from the tray but then they presented me with a piece that they had neatly wrapped in a paper towel just for me and told me, "We saved the biggest piece for you!" with huge smiles on their faces! Here is the delicious treat that I gobbled up right after school ended:

 This was HUGE! About the size of my entire palm, 
but I ate the whole thing without guilt :)

I left school and drove to my sister's where I babysit my nephew on Monday nights. I got to visit with her for a while before she had to leave and she gave me a homemade dinner to take home! Free dinner? Homemade? NOT made by me? YES! Thank you, sister! And it involved MASHED POTATOES! Then I got to hang out with my cutie of a nephew until my brother-in-law got home.

Since I had a made-with-love-dinner in tow, I stopped at the grocery store quickly where I remembered to buy floss for The Bee even though he forgot to put it on the list (silly guy!). And my favorite chips were on sale:


I got home and fixed myself a healthy helping of the dinner from my sis (The Bee is working late so I had to eat alone - boo) and turned on the television only to see that White Christmas (one of my faves!) started a half hour earlier which meant I turned it on just in time to see this:

 Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye performing "Sisters"

Yes! One of my favorite parts! My sisters and I used to sing and dance to this, like ALL THE TIME!

Here's hoping that the week only continues to be this wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment