Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Underpants!

The Bee and I think the word underpants is way better than underwear. We've also taken to calling swim trunks "swimpants" because that is way better. Maybe we just like the word pants?

Anyhow, this year The Bee got me a ton of underpants for Christmas! Some are Under Armour long underpants to help me keep toasty warm in the cold north. He got me the warmest ones so I can snowboard and ski without needing warm up breaks. Here is what they look like:

 

 

Imagine the top and bottoms being proportional. I feel like a superhero when I wear them, like one of The Incredibles or something! They are way, WAY more awesome than any other long underpants I have ever owned! Now I am waiting for that cold weather and snow to come back...it has been mid/upper 30s for the past week! And we had no snow for Christmas! 

He also got me a bra, 3 coordinating fancy underpants and some sexy, matching pj's. He was so funny about it. He said, "You are supposed to get people things that you, yourself would like. And I like sets of things!" And that is very true. He LOVES sets of things (seriously, if you could look in our closet you would see sets of sweaters, ties, dress shirts...). He also said he thought I needed something to help me feel sexy again. I've been feeling like I am an incomplete woman since we've gotten into this infertility experience...Am I a woman if it turns out I can't have babies? That is rhetorical, by the way. I know I am, but I feel like I am missing an important part of being a complete female person. It is really depressing and sucks A LOT to feel like this! 

Sorry for sneaking that sadness into a post about underpants...but this is my blog so I can complain and sulk, right?




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very sweet and thoughtful husband that you have there :) Merry Christmas and enjoy all of your "pants" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute that he likes things (and buys you things) in sets! Also...I think it's funny that those Under Armour things are actually a daily necessity in your part of the world! I, on the other hand, am quite comfortable in my tank top and light cardigan today. :)

    ReplyDelete