Friday, December 30, 2011

Infertility clinic: blood work results

I got the results from last week's blood work.

My FSH, LH, prolactin, and free and total testosterone were all normal.

My DHEAS level, which is a precursor to testosterone, was a little elevated, which could be a sign of PCOS. I broke my internet moratorium (shhh...don't tell!) and saw that, yes, it is indeed linked to PCOS (and other fun things) but it is also elevated in people who are stressed because it is related to cortisol somehow. Hello! Who in the world can ttc for over a year and NOT be stressed? Okay, I will NOT look up any more info. The internet moratorium is reinstated. I did last a whole week, which is pretty amazing. I need to remind myself that I am in good hands and no matter what they find, we'll be able to deal with it and make decisions based on the results. Knowledge is power, right?

My doctor wants me to stick to our original plan: follicle ultrasound tomorrow, use the OPKs at home and then go in to get my progesterone checked after ovulation. The Bee also needs to get in for his SA and then we can go from there!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're on the right track- glad nothing major was wrong with your blood test results!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Infertility clinics are specifically for couples who encounter problems when it comes to conceiving a baby.

    Infertility Clinic

    ReplyDelete