Monday, December 19, 2011

First Steps!

No, the fertility clinic still hasn't called. Given the lack of interaction I've had with them so far, I don't have the best feelings about working with them. But you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be calling them tomorrow!

And no, I didn't go to yoga today (oops!). Instead I slept in with The Bee (well, sleeping in for me since I normally get up at 5:30 and he gets up at 7:15). I would have had to get up earlier than him in order to get to the morning session I was planning on going to and we stayed up way too late last night and bed was so snugly and warm. And I didn't want to get up earlier than him on my first real day of vacation. So I stayed there instead of going to class and making my mind, body and soul healthier. I don't really regret it. Then he got up and I got up and I made him an awesome lunch to bring to work just like I do everyday.

I should be leaving for my normal evening class right now but I don't want to (too cold and dark and the week before Christmas) because I know parking will be a nightmare since my yoga school is in an old part of the city with hardly any parking and a million little shops and restaurants. So, instead I am going to blog about not going to yoga and not being pregnant. Then I am going to do dishes and laundry and read Harry Potter. So there.

After The Bee left for work with his magnificent lunch, I got ready for the day and made some lists of things I need to do this week (like actually going to yoga...). Then I met my sister and nephew at their house and we went out for lunch. Then we played and visited. Then when my nephew took his afternoon nap, we made cookies.

The most EXCITING part of the day happened BEFORE the nap and cookies, though...my nephew took his first steps today! And guess where he decided was SO IMPORTANT and WONDERFUL to get to that he couldn't just crawl there but certainly needed to walk? He walked to ME! It was so amazing! My sister was practically freaking out because she was so excited! And my nephew and I were just smiling and laughing! It was such a great thing to witness and I feel honored that he walked to me! How delightful!

Later, on my way home from babysitting my nephew (who can WALK, by the way!) I started to cry in the car. Not because I felt sorry for myself not having a baby but because I thought of this commercial for some reason:

The Google commercial is from the 2010 Superbowl (which I only watched for the commercials, I admit it!) and it makes me cry every time. 

I also thought of this iPhone4 commercial:
 

Whenever that commercial came on The Bee would always look over at me (knowing I'd be crying after it) and give me a hug. Okay, maybe the tears in the car were me feeling sorry for myself. But they were also me just really, REALLY wanting to experience getting that positive pregnancy test, hearing a baby's heartbeat over an ultrasound, feeling a baby kick inside my belly - all of that miraculous stuff that comes before seeing your son or daughter taking their first steps. I want it so badly. And it drives me crazy that I don't know when, or even if, I'll get to have any of that. 

Okay, enough of this sulking. Time for hot cocoa and Harry Potter.

1 comment: