Wednesday, January 4, 2012

CD 14 and a broken t.v.

So, in a textbook cycle I would have ovulated today. Which means I would have seen a + OPK result a day or two ago. According to my years of NFP charting and 3 months of bbt charting, I would expect to ovulate today or tomorrow (CD 15 tends to be "O" day for me most of the time). Unfortunately, as far as NFP goes, I've had a pretty crappy, dry cycle.

Alas, here I am at 11:05pm on the couch blogging and crying alone because The Bee has to work late (again) and I still haven't gotten that coveted positive. And I broke the television (which is really old and was free from my Mom when The Bee and I didn't have a t.v. during the entire first year of our marriage and then my Mom was redoing her basement and didn't want it anymore so it is not that big of a deal). I think something actually went crazy with the cable box but I can't figure it out. If I turn the t.v. on, all I can see is the guide page for channels 44-51 and I can hear FoodNetwork. And the cable box says it is 9:25 (when it is actually 11:07 now). And it doesn't matter what buttons I push or if I turn stuff off and on again.

I called The Bee at 10:33 to see when he'd be able to head home but only got to leave him a teary voicemail. He called me back at 10:49 and said he'd hopefully get to head home soon. He was in a meeting when I called. Yep. A meeting at 10:33pm when he went in to work at 8:30 this morning. THIS is the job he worked so hard for four years to get? Ugh. I started crying when I told him about the television and he, in his soothing, gentle voice told me he would fix it when he got home. That made me feel a little better. Not because I am glad he'll fix the t.v. but because he is such an amazing man that he can patiently comfort me when he thinks I am crying over a dumb, free television that is probably from some time in the '80s and can only be turned on with a remote because the power button has fallen inside of the television casing. I had to laugh and then said, "You know the t.v. isn't the main problem, right? I could just really use a hug right now." And then this just slipped out through sobs: "We're never going to have a baby."

His response? "Yes, we will."
My response? "Well, you sort of have to be home sometimes for that to happen."
His? "I am trying. I am trying to come home. And I will give you a hug as soon as I get in the door. And we will have a baby."

I am so glad that I am married to this man. I wish he was here to talk me out of this funk and make me see how ridiculous I can be. We're going in for another ultrasound this Friday since I haven't gotten a + on the OPK. We're doing everything we can to figure this out.

1 comment:

  1. Blah- hate that you're having a tough time! But so glad you have a supportive husband that understands and can help make it better :)

    ReplyDelete