Friday, January 13, 2012

Last one's a rotten egg!

Did you ever say that as a kid? I come from a family of 6 kids and we said it ALL THE TIME in EVERY SITUATION...


Last one to the car is a rotten egg!


Last one to jump in the lake is a rotten egg!


Last one to put on their boots is a rotten egg!


Last one to climb the tree is a rotten egg!


Last one around the block is a rotten egg!


Last one to brush their teeth is a rotten egg!

Last one to finish their lima beans is a rotten egg!

I am sure you get the point. Today I feel like the supreme rotten egg. This morning the Music teacher told me that he and his wife just found out they are expecting another baby. He was very gentle about it and I appreciated that (and it was a lot nicer than, say, finding out on facebook or something). I put on a big smile and said, "Oh, how exciting! Congratulations!" I am happy for them. They are a great couple and have an awesome toddler that they are very good parents to. I haven't even cried at all yet. I did text The Bee, though, and tell him that I feel like a rotten egg. It seems like everyone, EVERYONE(!) around us is announcing pregnancies lately. We know about 5 million pregnant couples, I swear!

I know it is not a competition, but I am tired of everyone getting there first! I am about to put The Bee's matching set theory to the test (that people feel better when wearing sets of matching things)...I think a hot shower and Christmas underpants are necessary immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Ha sounds like a great solution! Just keep your reminding yourself of what my wise sister told me: God does not have a limited number of babies to give out. If He gives one to someone else, that does NOT mean one less for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sister does sound wise! I have never heard anyone put it that way before. :)

      Delete