Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Wednesday

Last night was nice. The Bee and I had a 'date.' I call it a 'date' because we sat on the couch drinking ginger ale together. It was actually very exciting and nice to have him home at a decent hour...we got to eat dinner together and everything!

The Bee had his appointment this morning. It was very hard to be on the other side of things, seeing the person I love most feeling so stressed and visibly upset. The good news is that it is over! I am (obviously) hoping everything comes back normal so that 1. he doesn't feel sad 2. we can rule SOMETHING out 3. we can focus on getting my system in working order (the endo stuff is still weighing on me!) and 4. he doesn't have to repeat the test. He asked me not to talk to anyone about it for a while. I think he needs time to process and he knows I have been very open about all of my tests with my Mom, my 2 closest girlfriends, and his Mom and sister (the one who dealt with infertility also). I have never seen him feeling so down. I wasn't expecting it to affect him this way. Afterwards we both went our separate ways off to work. This evening, I called him on my way home to see if he'd be home for dinner (my plan was to pick up a few things to make his favorite meal) but he said no, he would be pretty late again tonight. So I told him I'd pick up beer and we'd have a date on the couch whenever he got home. That got a chuckle out of him.

Work was surprisingly great today, though! My kindergartners were enthusiastic about cutting out circles for their Kandinsky inspired collages. I, in my sneaky teacher way, even got several early finishers to cut out extra circles by asking them if they thought they were ready for the "super challenge!" which was really just tracing some paint bottle caps I quickly grabbed and cutting out little circles. The boys especially loved this. Ha! After school, I had a middle schooler working on her painting and several elementary kids working on their current projects in my classroom - all by choice! As I was packing up to head out, I heard some of my third graders explaining what an 'armature' was to their after-school teacher as they proudly showed off their in-progress sculptures in the cafeteria.  It was ADORABLE to listen in on...

"Well, you see, an armature is like the skeleton of your sculpture. You build it and then you can put stuff on it."

"And it needs to be strong. You don't want a headless giraffe! You use a lot of tape to attach the body parts."

Now I am heading off for an impromptu dinner out with a girlfriend and (hopefully) I'll accomplish a lot when I get home. I have too much housework to get done before my beer-couch date with The Bee!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear there have been SOME good points to the week! I'm going to e-mail you back tonight!

    ReplyDelete