Saturday, August 18, 2012

5 years


Today The Bee and I celebrate 5 years of marriage. They have been the best years of my life, even with all of the hardships we have faced. Today we are announcing Ponyo publicly, as well. Here is how we are doing it:

At a wedding shower in July of 2007, my now sister-in-law wrote these words to me and my husband-to-be:

“Whatever life throws your way – you will always have each other and you will continue to grow stronger as a couple.”

As newlyweds 5 years ago we didn’t truly understand what she meant. After I was diagnosed with endometriosis and we found out that we might not be able to have children, we started to comprehend. We are each other’s biggest supporters, most enthusiastic cheerleaders, the ones who try our hardest to ensure the health and happiness of the other. 

Today we have so much to be thankful for: Over 11 years together.  5 wonderful years of marriage.  2 years of hopes and prayers, answered.  1 baby, due to arrive in January.  And a stronger relationship than ever before.  I thank God every day for my husband and the life we have together. 

8 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary to you!! What a wonderful way to celebrate! I love your announcement. I'm so, so happy for you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So heartfelt. This is a beautiful way to celebrate the upcoming arrival of your precious baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet announcement and such sweet news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just found your blog on another blog. My husband and I are also celebrating our 5th anniversary today. :) I read a few of your previous posts and could really relate. We are pregnant and expecting in February, but it took a year and a half to get pregnant. We were so happy to find out the good news, but almost didn't believe it. For a while (and even still) I catch myself getting jealous of other pregnant women! Old habit I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Love how you are announcing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, and what a sweet and thoughtful announcement. Congrats on both achievements!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful picture. Happy Anniversary and I just love the way you are announcing it, so thoughtful. I am sure you will have many people overjoyed for you and the Bee. Thinking of you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful announcement and picture! :)

    ReplyDelete